CDF Advocate Program
The Children’s Diabetes Foundation (CDF) is looking for children with type 1 diabetes (T1D) between the ages of 2 and 22, who want to educate, volunteer, and socialize! These awesome youths will be the face of CDF and will need to exude a positive attitude about T1D, while educating and creating awareness for diabetes. Advocates will get together for quarterly social events to promote friendship, support, and fun!Sign Up Here
Who can be a CDF Advocate?
- People with type 1 diabetes between the ages of 2 and 22
- Those who want to educate others about diabetes (it’s not contagious, you didn’t get it because you ate too much candy, and cinnamon is not a cure!)
- Those who want to socialize with other kids with T1D
- Those who want to volunteer for a great cause and make a difference!
- Be willing to share your story about T1D in front of small/large groups or the media
- Have a positive outlook on T1D (of course, we all have our bad days, but a positive outlook can make all the difference)
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer service at CDF events, the Barbara Davis Center, or the CDF office
- Commit to the CDF Advocate program for 1 year
- Get a parent or guardian’s permission- they will need to sign page 5 of the sign-up packet
- You’ll get a free CDF tshirt and other swag- wear it with pride and it use it as a conversation starter about diabetes and CDF
- Education/Awareness booths in the Denver area
- Write thank you letters to major CDF donors
- Public speaking opportunities at CDF events
- Office assistant (mailings, lifting, general office work)
- Volunteer at CDF events (such as the Run for the Ring, basketball tournament, EPIC Diabetes Conference, and more!)
- Write a blog for the CDF website to be blasted on social media (younger kids can post a drawing instead)
- Spread diabetes awareness at your school/after school activities – share your video/pictures with us!
- Visit the Barbara Davis Center for a full or half day to educate BDC patients about CDF. You’ll also run contests and hand out CDF swag!
- Make crafts/write letters to newly diagnosed patients at the BDC
- Participate in CDF photo shoots/video tapings
CDF Advocates will get together 3-4 times a year for fun outings with fellow T1Ds! Get to know each other while doing crafts or visiting the park, trampoline arenas, ice skating rink, bowling alley, and more!Sign Up Here